16 February 2015

Chapter 50: Late Night Letters

Another letter to you,
                Hey. It’s been a while. I don’t know what has you on my mind, but I figured this was the best way to, well, I don’t know…something.
                I guess I really just wanted to tell you that I hope that you’re doing well. I’m sorry that I had to sever our connection to each other, but at the time it seemed like the only option I had to gain sanity. And, I suppose, perspective. I didn’t want to be your friend and pretending that I didn’t hurt wasn’t working. My resentment was growing exponentially since I perceived that it was so easy for you to forget that we ever shared anything intimate. I was angry, hurt, and lonely. I know I don’t owe you an explanation; I don’t even owe myself one, really, but it seems that I am unsettled if the words stay wallpapered to my mind. I feel, now, like I can be your friend. It’s not that I’m asking because I don’t expect you to accept that, but I want you to know, for whatever it’s worth – I miss my friend.
                I guess that’s really all I had to say tonight.
                I’m sorry.

                Good night.

No comments: