11 January 2012

Chapter 27: 100 Days

Some of you may have seen the countdown on Facebook or Twitter. Status updates that simply read: x days. Well, for those who haven't figured it out on your own yet, today marks the 100 day countdown to the first anniversary of my 30th birthday. Why count down so far ahead? Because I don't make new year resolutions but the new year did mark the start of a couple other things, so, let's add health to the mix. Let me also fill you in:

While I was a student,working only one job, I still had time to take care of myself. I worked out, did yoga, ate right and for the most part, slept right. Then I became a grad student with two jobs and then a person with two jobs and then a person with a part time job but working over 100 hours every two weeks. Needless to say, I stopped working out, doing yoga, eating right, and even sleeping right. My work schedule has recently changed and I now have an opportunity to take back my health and that is exactly what I'm doing.

What does this have to do with my first anniversary?

I want to celebrate in a big way. I want to leave town, head for surf and sand and put on that cute little bikini that's been hiding for the past five years. I want my body and health to be back on track before I turn another year older. I want to put on a cute dress and heels and not feel self conscious. This isn't about losing weight, it's about being healthy and fit. I used to have a cute body and good skin and beautiful hair. I just want it all back. 

So today I'm going to begin the 100 day challenge with myself. I don't weigh myself and won't for this either but I have taken measurements and photographs of day 100 and I'll monitor progress on a weekly basis. I'll update on a page of this blog with dietary changes and workout routines. 

Wish me luck and let's enjoy the next 100 days!

Until Next Time,
Courtney Chivon

No comments: