06 April 2014

Chapter 41: Stream of Consciousness

Hello dear readers, I’m here.
Both of my blogs (personal and adventure) have become quite dilapidated and while I could make excuses for that, the truth is that I have felt uninspired. The best way I can describe how I have been feeling is to compare it to an overdrawn bank account. My mental and emotional states have been so misplaced that it has taken all my physical energy just to get through the minutia of a single day, and when the day comes to its close, I am spent – there is nothing left to withdraw. Additionally, my mind has been occupied with thoughts of another person, someone who I should have cut from my life a long time ago. I realized what others already knew, that I was waiting, that I had put my life on hold for someone who had stated that he had no desire to be together. I’m angry with myself for continuing to give him power by keeping the connection open, or even just thinking of him at all. As much as it won’t make sense, I do believe that the biggest reason I stopped writing was because I thought that if he read it, what he read should prove that I don’t need him. My writing should be so full of life that he would be left wondering, does she miss me? But I felt that I wasn’t doing anything with my life to show him this through my writing. How could I submit to such twisted thoughts? How could I turn my life upside down so much that I couldn’t tell one direction from another? I was refusing to be who I was because who I wanted to be was someone he would desire, someone he would feel stupid over letting go, and someone he would miss. I guess I finally woke up and realized that he isn’t the reason I write, and he isn’t the reason I keep blogs, and he isn’t the reason for anything in my life – not even my sadness. Even this blog is not about him, it is about revival. Reviving my entries, reminding people that I am here and I am living a life – that I will try living my life again and sharing some parts of that with you, as I did when I first started.

Here are my thoughts regarding each blog:
Personal – I have a lot of emotional things to process, not just regarding my recent awakening, but in general. As I strive to better myself, I will purge my mind of inconsequential thoughts, small musings about life and love, and maybe provide a sounding board for you.
Adventure – I have so many past travel journals that I never published, and once upon a time I thought I would digitize all of those for your reading pleasure. Now, I think it will be better for me to choose some of my favorite moments and write those as narratives – brief stories of travel, friendship, growth, and exploration. I also have many photos that I would like to stream through a slideshow – favorites only, much like my memories.

I don’t know what to expect, and I won’t make any promises regarding frequency, but I do feel inspired again, and I do miss the virtual contact with others. I am here and I intend to stay for a while.

Until Next Time,
Courtney Chivon

No comments: