13 June 2014

Chapter 45: Cleansing

I’ve been meaning to write about this, but haven’t had a chance until…three days ago, but then my laziness won. Anyway, here I am, writing about it now.
A couple of weeks ago my friend and I went out for happy hour after our last day with students. We were celebrating the end of the school year, the start of summer vacation, and the great unknown of what’s to come. After a couple of drinks with one very drunk honey bee – I do hope he ended up being ok – we decided to go shopping. We wandered Pearl Street with giddiness, like two high school girls who were just asked to the prom by the “big guys on campus” but the real reason for it was the sheer enjoyment of each other’s company. I haven’t felt that wonderfully silly in a long time. To add to our impulsivity, we decided to check out the Boulder Psychic Institute. We had no expectations, we just want to check it out, but upon opening the door feared we had interrupted something special. Our barreling through with laughter might have sent the see-saw askew as we happened to walk in on practicing students cleaning peoples’ auras and chakras…oops. Sorry. We were just ducking back out when the hostess (I presume) told us what was happening and suggested that we put our names on the list to be cleansed – for free. My friend and I looked at each other and said, “why not,” then added our names to the list and sat to wait.
My friend when first and I watched for a bit while simultaneously trying [not] to listen to the various other conversations around me. One woman was being moved, emotionally, by her experience; you could tell it felt more real to her than anything has in quite some time. Eventually it was my turn. Sad to say, I don’t remember the name of the woman with whom I met, but I hope to find out – I felt connected to her and would like to meet with her again. Anyway, not knowing what to expect, I sat in the chair and let her do her thing. It wasn’t long after she started that I found it incredibly difficult to keep my eyes open. They were heavy, but not with fatigue, with something else. I fought a couple of times to open them and keep them open, but whenever I would, I would feel surrounded by a cacophony of noise that would result in my feeling completely off balance. With my eyes closed, the room was quieter somehow.
For one brief moment I was jolted awake, I felt a quick shortness of breath – like waking from a bad dream. My eyes were open; I sat more upright, and realized that she was kneeling to my right with her hand over my heart chakra. It only lasted a moment before I felt calm again and felt the need to close my eyes. After 15 minutes, she tapped me to let me know that she was done. I turned to her and asked if there was anything in particular that she could share with me about what she did and here’s what she told me:
First that my aura is very close and tight, meaning I probably don’t like letting people in or I probably don’t do it much. Then she said that there was the presence of a gentleman that needed to be removed so she took care of that. She said there was a lot of sadness around my heart chakra, a lot of darkness. She was most excited, however, about my throat chakra. She said she saw me with a microphone and a vibrant light behind me and diamonds falling over me, meaning that I was being protected. She said she wasn’t sure if I was about to give a speech, but that it would be successful. I told her that I just gave one a week ago for a graduation and that yes, I did feel truly held in that space at that time, especially because it was such an emotional and special moment for all of us. She congratulated me and offered warm wishes with my “way with words,” to which I smiled, thanked her for her time, and left. Before my friend and I shared our experiences with each other she said, “I was watching you and she spent a long time on your heart.” 


My friend and I left, grounded this time, our giddiness more like new light. We got coffee and talked about our respective cleansings and then went our own ways for what was left of the night. Already I felt changed. Not like, oh-my-god-it’s-a-whole-new-world changed, but definitely different. I feel lighter in a way, like an enormous weight has been lifted. Maybe it was him – the gentleman’s energy which was removed. Maybe it was the validation of my words – someone seeing something in me that I’ve failed to fully recognize in myself. Maybe it was just a fluke reaction to a party trick. I don’t know, but whatever it was, it has left me feeling better, feeling open, and feeling – vulnerable. I think I’m finally ready to let people in, be they friends, family, or lovers. I’m seeing myself in a different light, and it’s shining so, so bright.


Until Next Time,
Courtney Chivon

No comments: